Wheatgrass is an extremely nutritious whole food. Just one teaspoon of Wheatgrass powder, weighing a mere 3.5 grams, is nutritionally equal to an entire spinach salad weighing a full 50 grams. It packs a punch! Some other benefits include
• Contains nutrients that can help to sustain energy naturally
• It is a complete food with enzymes and all essential amino acids. It contains the essential enzymes: Protease (assists in protein digestion), Cytochrome Oxidase (a powerful anti-oxidant), Amylase (facilitates digestion), Lipase (a fat-splitting enzyme), Transhydrogenase (strengthens the heart muscle) & Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
• Natural source of antioxidants to help repair damaged cells.
• Excellent source of beta carotene, folic acid and Vitamin C. Wheatgrass has more Vitamin C than oranges and twice Vitamin A as carrots!
• Wheatgrass contains over 90 minerals, including high concentrations of the most alkaline minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium.
• Wheatgrass helps the body build red blood cells which carry oxygen to every cell. Increasing the oxygenation of the body can help offset smog and carbon monoxide and increase endurance during physcial exercise.
• It also contains 19 amino acids, the building blocks of protein
Wheatgrass contains large amounts of chlorophyll (the “blood” of plants), which is amazingly similar to hemoglobin, the molecule that carries oxygen in the blood.
Chlorophyll is soluble in fat particles, and since fat particles are absorbed directly into the blood via the lymphatic system, there is evidence that chlorophyll can also be absorbed easily in this way. Essentially, the “blood” of plants is easily absorbed into human blood, which transports nutrients efficiently to every cell of the body. This explains why chlorophyll is so readily assimilated into our blood stream and our bodies are able to utilize its powerful properties. With the addition of chlorophyll into our diet, we are consuming the very essence of life’s energy.
Chlorophyll has been shown to build red blood cells quickly and promote higher metabolism and stimulated enzyme systems.
Because it is also high in saponin, Wheatgrass offers excellent support to the lymphatic system, helping to carry away hundreds and thousands of toxins from the cells of the body.
Wheatgrass has high amino acid content. These building blocks are absolutely essential to our growth and cell regeneration. Wheatgrass juice is a complete protein and contains, amongst others, the following amino acids: arginine, serine, absenisic, lysine, aspartic acid, glycine, alanine, methionine, leucine, tryptophane, phenylalanine, and valine.
Sneaking Wheatgrass into smoothies, mixing it in juice or any other way of adding it into your daily routine is an easy way to pack a powerful and concentrated amount of health-supporting nutrients into your body.