Wheatgrass is an extremely nutritious whole food. Just one teaspoon of Wheatgrass powder, weighing a mere 3.5 grams, is nutritionally equal to an entire spinach salad weighing a full 50 grams. It packs a punch! Some other benefits include
• Contains nutrients that can help to sustain energy naturally
• It is a complete food with enzymes and all essential amino acids. It contains the essential enzymes: Protease (assists in protein digestion), Cytochrome Oxidase (a powerful anti-oxidant), Amylase (facilitates digestion), Lipase (a fat-splitting enzyme), Transhydrogenase (strengthens the heart muscle) & Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
• Natural source of antioxidants to help repair damaged cells.
• Excellent source of beta carotene, folic acid and Vitamin C. Wheatgrass has more Vitamin C than oranges and twice Vitamin A as carrots!
• Wheatgrass contains over 90 minerals, including high concentrations of the most alkaline minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium.
• Wheatgrass helps the body build red blood cells which carry oxygen to every cell. Increasing the oxygenation of the body can help offset smog and carbon monoxide and increase endurance during physcial exercise.
• It also contains 19 amino acids, the building blocks of protein
Wheatgrass contains large amounts of chlorophyll (the “blood” of plants), which is amazingly similar to hemoglobin, the molecule that carries oxygen in the blood.
Chlorophyll is soluble in fat particles, and since fat particles are absorbed directly into the blood via the lymphatic system, there is evidence that chlorophyll can also be absorbed easily in this way. Essentially, the “blood” of plants is easily absorbed into human blood, which transports nutrients efficiently to every cell of the body. This explains why chlorophyll is so readily assimilated into our blood stream and our bodies are able to utilize its powerful properties. With the addition of chlorophyll into our diet, we are consuming the very essence of life’s energy.
Chlorophyll has been shown to build red blood cells quickly and promote higher metabolism and stimulated enzyme systems.
Because it is also high in saponin, Wheatgrass offers excellent support to the lymphatic system, helping to carry away hundreds and thousands of toxins from the cells of the body.
Wheatgrass has high amino acid content. These building blocks are absolutely essential to our growth and cell regeneration. Wheatgrass juice is a complete protein and contains, amongst others, the following amino acids: arginine, serine, absenisic, lysine, aspartic acid, glycine, alanine, methionine, leucine, tryptophane, phenylalanine, and valine.
Sneaking Wheatgrass into smoothies, mixing it in juice or any other way of adding it into your daily routine is an easy way to pack a powerful and concentrated amount of health-supporting nutrients into your body.
This is such a great superfood and the taste is surely easy to get used to. I love it for a energy boost. This batch though is more quite 'thick' as in it has a lot of 'pulp' (in case you don't like that)
I had never sampled wheatgrass until I received my order from Beeyoutiful. After trying it, I would certainly recommend this product to anyone looking for a way to supplement their diet with additional vitamins and nutrients. Overall, this is a quality product from Beeyoutiful that tastes great mixed with your favorite juice.
Dried wheatgrass contains 47% protein, 3 times that of beef. Wheatgrass powder is the readily-available dried form containing the plant's valuable nutrient properties and has a reliable, extended shelf-life.
Scientific Name: Triticum aestivum, Poaceae family
Common Names: Wheatgrass, wheat grass, wheatgrass powder
Active Compounds: Protein, beta carotene, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. chlorophyll, nucleic acids, antioxidants, nitrosamines, high amino acids and trace minerals.
Side Effects: Wheatgrass juice is believed to be safe. However, comprehensive safety studies have not been performed. Maximum safe doses in pregnant or nursing women, young children, or people with severe liver or kidney disease have not been reported.
I always purchase my wheat grass from you. It always has a great taste and leaves me feeling refreshed everyday. I really appreciate how fast it gets here and I have yet to meet a competitor who beats your price! Very happy and satisfied!
Review by Website customer /
(Posted on 9/26/2013)
why in the reviews do people call this wheatgrass organic where is it sourced from?
Question by: Carolyn Oliphant on Sep 23, 2016 9:46:00 PM
At different points in time the wheatgrass we've sourced has been certified organic, which is what the previous reviewers are referencing. When it is not certified organic we updated the description to reflect what is currently in stock. What we have in stock at the time this question is answered is not certified organic. Our Wheatgrass is grown in the US. --Steph
Answer by: Stephanie Tallent (Admin) on Sep 26, 2016 11:25:00 AM